Thursday, March 1, 2007

Mommy Couture for My Tenny Penny


I never knew how much I would love doing Tennessee specific projects. I love designing something unique for her. It is so fun to come up with something that is custom made for my little Tenny Penny. The inspiration for this outfit comes from the doll she received for Christmas from Grandpa Boss and Nana. She has two little blonde pony tails like TN wears sometimes and just looks so much like her. I decided they needed matching outfits(so they can get their picture together, but not exactly, because the doll has overalls on and I didn't picture that on TN. Although I should have picked more turquoise, I am really excited about how it turned out. I think Leilani (the tailor) did such a great job. I scanned all the material and made a mock up of those pieces for her to go off of. I then cut and placed the flowers on the T-shirt and took a photo so she could see how I wanted them to lay. I got the over all style of the skirt from a Meli-Meli cupcake skirt. (see it here)

Now, if only Tenners wants to get her 2 year pictures taken. Christmas pictures were crazy, so we'll see. I always like to have flowers or some sort of a prop when she gets her pictures, so I think the doll with matching pony tails will be fun.

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

That little outfit is just darling! Look at the ruffley skirt... to die for!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow- I am so impressed! I love the layers and the pom poms. So fun! I love that it is original.

Anonymous said...

So darling. You have a knack for picking out coordinating fabircs. Now what perfect shoes do you have to go with it?