Thursday, September 27, 2007

My "Purple" Room

So this is my "purple" room. I must give credit to my friend Stef and to my #1 gal who gives me huge inspiration, Nan. All others were skeptical of the plum walls and said it would be too dark. At this point (below picture), I was even a bit scared, but I love, love, love this room now. It was completed in just enough time for my sweet Mother-in-Law to enjoy it due to the sad passing of my Father-in-Law. I'm glad she has a place to call her own in our house.



The room has also turned out to be a bit of a Tenny Penny shrine of some of my absolute favorite pics from her few short years of life so far. What better place for them though! I love to go in there and see them. Crazy my little blond girl was this dark at one month old. This was her birth announcement picture and still love it.
I am so glad I had these pictures done in her blessing dress. I "visited" this dress for 2 years in hopes of being able to have a little girl to put it in one day. Lucky I didn't jinks myself with all the visits, eh? Probably never would have gotten a girl if I would have actually bought it before I she was born! : )
This is one of my all time top favorites (again, in her short little life thus far). It was at Temple Square in her Easter dress.
This little dresser I featured on a previous post is still so fun to look at for me since it is my first "antique" buy. I found it at "Second Hand Chic" in Salt Lake City. The painting was a birthday present from my parents a few years back.
This lamp below is also another item I "visited". I was so afraid to buy it because it was just so bold and crazy, but I love it. I found it for a steal and saw one quite similar at Anthropologie for close to $400! Cheap and fun...can't beat that.
Here's the completed room. (below). I love it and I'm so glad I went with the plum. I think the crown molding, dresser and sunlight make it not too dark! Fun to be daring...it is a good thing the next time this room is changed it will be to a nursery, because it would be the only reason I'd want to change it!

4 comments:

spa prove'nce said...

Your talent and eye for decorating, finding great deals, and attention to detail amaze me! Little Tennessee is gorgeous and very lucky to have you as her mother. OK love the plum room! The beading is perfect. Hey, if you want to make some extra money on the side you can help me decorate our new home...that is whenever it finally closes!!!! What do you charge, sister ??? Or is this just a hobby for you to enjoy? I can appreciate that if so...LOVE YOU AND THE AMAZING WOMAN THAT YOU ARE!

Anonymous said...

So fun! Computer's been down, so I haven't been on forever. Wow- you've been working hard and it shows. So Darling! Fun ideas. I love the plum room! I love the pic on the walls--so fun to see. Thanks for posting.

love.boxes said...

It's stunning! I love it! Fun to see you the other day!

natalie said...

Love the finished product. I've checked it out multiple times because it is just so CUTE - that is a little of an understatement. Everything went together so nicely. I can't wait to see the whole house, only a couple of weeks until I get there. Hope you had fun on your trip.