Friday, March 16, 2007

Madras Everywhere For Spring


So, of course, it's been a few days since a "shoe" post, so I've got to say it, I love these......and, despite my past comments of not "needing" anymore shoes, I bought them. My generous husband knows how much I love shoes.....and no matter your weight.....they always fit!

So the funny thing is that I was shopping with my cute, fashionista Mother-in-Law and my Tenny Penny and as we passed JCrew, she said, "Oh, all that madras stuff was in when I was young." I didn't tell her this, but I didn't know what "Madras" meant. Thank you for the enlightenment, M. I now know and it's EVERYWHERE. Hey, I think I had a Guess madras short outfit in the fifth grade. I'm sure I thought I was stylin'....and I didn't even know I was "madras-in".....err....a....whatever.

Also, EVERYWHERE this season are babydoll shirts. I'm working on a few style ideas for some and even perhaps one with a little madras goin' on. I need to get some tailored for my five foot nothin' frame and extra...uhh.....curves.

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

You are so skinny, what are you talk'in about. And, I must be a lot older than you because Madras was big circa 1980. I had a pink madras shirt that got softer everytime I washed it. I wish I had a picture, it was so cute! Love that stuff, does J Crew have the ties in Madras. C would love that.

Anonymous said...

Very cute shoes. You always look so great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, could you have had that outfit in the 6th grade? Cause i think I remember it...yes, it was that cute!